Cashew nuts are kidney-shaped seeds that grow on the cashew tree, mostly in South- and Central America.
Cashew nuts can be eaten both as snacks, but these nuts can also be used in cooking and to make a lovely nut paste. They are also extremely healthy, and some of the health benefits of cashew nuts are:
- They have a much lower fat content than most other nuts
- The fat they do have in them is "good fat" (unsaturated fatty acids)
- One of the greatest health benefits of cashews is that they promote good cardiovascular health
- Especially beneficial for those suffering from diabetes
- These nuts have no cholesterol
- They are highly energizing
- They are rich in antioxidants and help prevent cancer
- They are also a good source of magnesium. A lack of magnesium can cause many health issues, so eating cashews on a regular basis is a great way to make sure you get enough magnesium.
- This is not exactly one of the health benefits of cashew nuts, but they also have a high amount of dietary fiber, which is good for weight loss and controlling your weight.
- Cashew nuts have a very high copper content, which aids the flexibility in bones, joints and blood vessels.